Embarrassing moments are always great fun to blog about, especially when they’re not your own.
New research by children’s record label Zeamu Music has found that parents taking to the dance floor tops the list of embarrassing parent behaviour.
Zeamu Music’s research involved over 700 children aged between 4 and 10 throughout the UK. They asked:
What do you like most about summer holidays?
- Not going to school 81%
- Being able to do what I want to do 8%
- Staying up later 6%
- Going away on holiday 5%
What do you NOT like about summer holidays?
- Parents embarrassing me 64%
- Having to do more chores around the house 26%
- Going to family events e.g. weddings 8%
- Not seeing my school friends 2%
What do you find most embarrassing about your parents when you go on holiday?
- Dancing 73%
- Wearing swimming trunks & costumes 15%
- Building giant sandcastles 10%
- Falling asleep with their mouth open 2%
Who is the worst dancer?
- Dad 89%
- Mum 11%
Poor old dad! What did he do to deserve that?
What else do you not like about summer holidays with your parents?
- Sharing a tent/ hotel room with your parents 58%
- Making you do things parents did as kids e.g. Punch & Judy 25%
- Listening to their choice of music in the car 10%
- Taking family photos 7%