It’s Spring – traditionally a time for new births and fresh beginnings. Time for a new blog maybe?
Ever since children’s blogging was featured in the Daily Telegraph, we’ve been hearing from lots of kids and parents around the world who are just getting started in blogging. One of the most inspiring things you can do is to look at what other people are up to as an example of what your blog could be. Not to copy, but to help spark off a few new ideas in your mind.
So let’s take a look at some of the great freshly hatched new blogs written by kids. Give them your clicks, comments and general good vibes. They’re all blogging stars:
Here’s our Spring round up of 10 of the best new blogs written by under 18s:
- Sisterville – This is the first blog we’ve seen written by 3 sisters. Lilli, Hermione and Pippi are aged 5 to 8 and love writing about life in a gang of three.
- Danny: My Life With Half a Heart – Danny tells us what it’s like when you’ve got half a heart and a very full life. Go for it Danny!
- Alex Know it All – The life and musings of seven year old big sister Alex. Can’t wait to see more of your posts Alex!
- Rabbit and the Womp – This stylish and fun blog from a 13 year old has been running since January. Some really cool pictures and posts so far.
- Art Splotch! – You’ll find some great creative craft ideas on this arty-themed blog from a seven year old
- The Branch of Spotted Owl – Stories as shared by an owl. Except he’s not really an owl, he’s really a 12 year old boy. You didn’t fool us (OK you did but only for a minute. Do owls have wifi?)
- Sky’s Cars – Nine year old Sky is crazy about cars, so he’s dedicated his blog to them. A great example of how to build your blog around a theme.
- Diary of a Sugarmonster – Fourteen year old Nkechi blogs about life, the universe and everything from a teenager’s point of view
- Marabird – 8 year old Mara from the USA is very interested in food and American history, so plenty to blog about there. Mara serves up a a great slice of American culture as seen through the eyes of a child.
- Psychedelic Daisy – Fourteen year old feminist blogging about all things vintage, poetry and films. This is the most well-established of all the blogs on our list but we wanted to include it as an example of where you can go with your site. Plus we really aspire to be as cool as this. Maybe one day…