This is a post we published a while ago at Eljae which lots of people seemed to like so we hope you will like it too.
If you are unfortunate enough to be surrounded by people who do not appreciate your awesomeness, those people might call you names like Nerd or Geek. Feel sorry for them because they don’t know that you are really the cool one with the best superpowers of all.
So if someone at school calls you a nerd or a geek, here are some examples of how to respond:
- I’m a nerd, you’re a turd. Which is better?
- Yeah, and?
- Have you only just noticed?
- Actually I’m a geek but thank you for the compliment.
- You’ll be working for me one day so please remember that I like my burger well done.
- Thank you! For a second I thought I was a bit like you!
- I’d rather be a nerd than a jerk any day
- At least the brain store was open when I went there
- Phew! Thank god! At least I won’t end up on the Jeremy Kyle show when I’m older, unlike you.
- Great, so I’m just like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Doctor Who combined.
- Yes I know. State the obvious, why don’t you?
- Wow! A retro insult! Are you having a 1970’s theme day or something?
- I’m going to tell my nerdy mother you said that, and she’s going to bop you on the head with her BEST SELLING BOOK
Or best of all, just ignore it and walk away. Don’t give headspace to bullies, they don’t deserve it.
Can you think of another response? Leave a comment.